The Tec 45 course picks up where Tec 40 leaves off and takes your training as a tec diver further and deeper. It is the second subcourse in the full PADI Tec Diver course
What You Learn
- The skills and equipment and planning need to dive to a maximum of 45 metres/145 feet
- The knowledge to plan and execute single and repetitive decompression dives using a single stage cylinder of EANx or oxygen to accelerate or add conservatism to the decompression stops.
- There would be no time limit to amount of decompression
- Prepare for and respond to foreseeable technical diving emergencies
- Master the basic skills and procedures you’ll need as you move into deeper technical diving
- The Scuba Gear You Use
You use basic tec diving equipment
The Learning Materials You Need
You’ll use the Tec Deep Diver Crew-Pak, which introduces you to
- tec diving lingo
- emergency procedures
- decompression and stage cylinder handling
- gas planning
The pak includes a manual, dive planning checklist and dive planning slate. The optional Equipment Set-up and Key Skills video on DVD is a great tool to help you practice at home in between your tec diving adventures. You’ll continue to use the Tec Deep Diver Crew-Pak through the Tec 50 course.
The Tec Deep DIver Crewpak is included in your course fee.
You must be:
- A PADI Advanced Open Water Diver (or hold a qualifying certification from another organization)
- A PADI Rescue Diver (or hold a qualifying certification from another organization)
- A PADI Enriched Air Diver (or hold a qualifying certification from another organization)
- A PADI Deep Diver (or hold aqualifying certification from another organization)
- PADI Tec 40 (or hold a qualifying certification from another organization)
- Have a minimum of 50 logged dives, of which at least:
- 12 dives were made with enriched air nitrox deeper than 18 metres/60 feet
- 6 (with or without EANx) dives were deeper than 30 metres/100 feet
- At least 18 years old
- Have a medical statement signed by a physician
Upcoming Tec 45 Classes Full Instruction Schedule here
|Class:||Dates & Times:||Instructor||Cost:||Space
|Minimum age||18 years.|
|Equipment provided by student||Student is responsible for providing their own gear. Must have 30cf stage bottle.
If you don’t have or want to buy all the gear, we have two tech packages for rent during the entire class for an additional $200. They consist of double HP100 or HP120 tanks, banks, manifold, TransPlate Harness, Rec Wing, SS Backplate, two AL Titan LX DIN regs with SPG’s.
|Services provided by Aquatic Safaris
||One classroom session, one pool session.
|Course cost||$300 per student.
Your payment secures your class spot and gets you the learning materials.
|Required books & materials||Tec Deep Diver CrewPak – included in Tec 40 course.|
|Additional expenses||Cost of charter to Hyde for dives one and two. Cost of charter for dive over 100′.
Your Next Adventure
After you’ve completed the Tec 45 course, you’ll probably want to extend your diving skills with PADI DSAT Tec 50.