The Fun PartDrift Diving is approximately effortless and relaxing. You simply glide along and enjoy the hurry of flying underwater while the current does the work.
What You LearnDuring your PADI Drift Diver certification course, you learn about:
- Planning, organization, procedures, techniques, problems and hazards of drift diving
- An introduction to drift diving equipment — floats, lines, reels
- Buoyancy-control, navigation and communication for drift diving
- Site selection and overview of aquatic currents – causes and effects
- Techniques for staying close to a friend or together as a group
The Scuba Gear You UseYou use every the basic scuba gear plus some scuba accessories such as floats, lines and reels. Aquatic Safaris has all the equipment you need for this class.
The Learning Materials You NeedThe PADI Drift Diver CrewPak is included in your course fee.
PrerequisitesYou must be:
- A PADI Open Water Diver or Junior Open Water Diver (or have a qualifying certification from another training organization)
- At least 12 years old
Upcoming Drift Diver Classes Full Instruction Schedule here
|Class:||Dates & Times:||Instructor||Cost:||Space
|Minimum age||12 years.|
|Equipment provided by student||Student is responsible for providing their own gear or can rent from Aquatic Safaris.|
|Services provided by Aquatic Safaris||One class session, you pick the local ledge dives to do the 2 skills dives.|
|Course cost||$150 per student. Your payment secures your class spot and gets you the learning materials.|
|Required books & materials||Drift Diver manual – included in course fee.|
|Additional expenses||Cost of charter to a local ledge for the skills dives…maybe a tip for the boat crew.|