You’ll learn to
- Use decompression software and dive computers to plan and make decompression dives with no more than 10 minutes of total decompression and not deeper than 130 feet.
- Use a single cylinder of decompression gas with up to 50 percent oxygen (EANx50) to add conservatism to the required decompression.
The Scuba Gear You’ll UseYou use recreational scuba equipment, with some minor additions to enhance your ability to deal with tec diving conditions.
The Learning Materials You’ll NeedYou’ll use the Tec Deep Diver Crew-Pak, which introduces you to
- tec diving lingo
- emergency procedures
- decompression and stage cylinder handling
- gas planning
- Be a PADI Advanced Open Water Diver (or keep a qualifying certification from another organization)
- Be a PADI Enriched Air Diver (or withhold a qualifying certification from another organization)
- Be a PADI Deep Diver (or support a qualifying certification from another organization)
- Have a minimum of 50 logged dives, of which at least 10 dives must be using enriched air
- 12 dives must be deeper than 60 feet
- 6 dives must be deeper than 100 feet
- Have a medical form signed by your physician
Upcoming Tec 40 Classes Full Instruction Schedule here
|Class:||Dates & Times:||Instructor||Cost:||Space
DSAT Tec 40
Checkout course details for prerequisites.
|Minimum age||18 years.|
|Equipment provided by student||Student is responsible for providing their own gear. Must have 30cf stage bottle. If you don’t have or want to buy all the gear, we have two tech packages for rent during the entire class for an additional $200. They consist of double HP100 or HP120 tanks, banks, manifold, TransPlate Harness, Rec Wing, SS Backplate, two AL Titan LX DIN regs with SPG’s.|
|Services provided by Aquatic Safaris||One classroom session, one pool session.|
|Course cost||$390 per student. Your payment secures your class spot and gets you the learning materials.|
|Required books & materials||Tec Deep Diver CrewPak – included in course fee.|
|Additional expenses||Cost of charter to Hyde for dives one and two. Cost of charter for dive over 100′.|