Boat Diver Course
The PADI Boat Diver Course
Much of the world’s best scuba diving is accessible only by boat. Whether you’ve never made a boat dive or you’ve logged dozens, the PADI Boat Diver Specialty course will benefit you because boats in various parts of the world do things differently. Scuba diving from a boat is fun and relatively easy because you usually descend directly onto your dive site.
What You Learn
- Dive from boats ranging from little inflatables to giant live-aboards:
- how they differ from place to place
- gain experience and training from diving on boats in your local area
- Safely enter and exit the water :
- sometimes its better to hand your gear up to the crew and then climb in the boat
- sometimes you just take off your fins and weights and walk up the ladder
- Stow your gear in the most appropriate areas
- Use surface lines to start or finish your dives.
- Locate basic boat safety equipment
The Scuba Gear You Use
You use all the basic scuba gear. Depending on what type of diving you’ll be doing from the ship, you may also desire to use a dive light, a drysuit, lift bags, a dive flag/float or other specialty gear.
All gear is available at Aquatic Safaris.
The Learning Materials You Need
Diving from a boat is a convenient and fun way to explore the underwater world. By reviewing the PADI Boat Diver Manual and DVD, you’ll learn the important dos and don’ts of boat diving including: boat terminology, etiquette, safety and procedures.
The instruction material is included in your course fee.
Must be a PADI Open Water Diver or Junior Open Water Diver (or qualifying certification from another organization)
Your Next Adventure
You can do many types of diving from a boat. Just about any PADI course can be taken in conjunction with the Boat Diver course, which can help you accomplish the coveted Master Scuba Diver rating.
||Dates & Times:
||10 years. Private classes on a case-by-case basis and are subject to a surcharge.
|Equipment provided by student
||Student is responsible for providing their own gear or can rent from Aquatic Safaris.
|Provided by Aquatic
||Emergency first aid and oxygen kits during check out dives.
|Charters provided by Aquatic
||You arrange the charter with us, which determines additional price.
||$150 per student. Your payment secures your class spot and gets you the learning materials.
|Required books & materials
||PADI Boat Diver manual – included in course fee.
||Charter to do the skills dive. Maybe a tip for the boat crew.