The Fun PartYou can typically increase your dive time and decrease your surface interval. No wonder many divers pick this as their very first specialty.
What You Learn
- Techniques for getting more dive time by using enriched air nitrox
- Enriched air scuba diving equipment considerations
- Enriched air considerations, including managing oxygen exposure, how to analyze your tank contents and how to set your dive computer
The Scuba Gear You UseYou use all the basic scuba gear. Your dive regulator must be enriched air compatible. If you choose to do the checkout dives, a full set of rental gear is $55.
PrerequisitesTo enroll in the PADI Enriched Air Diver course, you must
- Be 12 years or older
- Have a PADI Open Water Diver certification (or have a qualifying certification from another organization)
Choose traditional classroom or PADI eLearning – same price.If you choose the traditional classroom knowledge development option the PADI Enriched Air Diver manual is included. If you choose the PADI eLearning option the eLearning access code is included. Either way, you’ll be nitrox certified and ready to dive our great local sites.
Upcoming Open Water Diver Classes Full Instruction Schedule here
|Class:||Dates & Times:||Instructor||Cost:||Space
Nitrox w/ eLearning
Includes PADI eLearning code.
|Class: Oct 30 10:30AM||Rosie||
|Minimum age||12 years. Private classes on a case-by-case basis and are subject to a surcharge.|
|Equipment provided by student||If doing the optional checkout dives, student is responsible for providing their own gear or can rent from Aquatic Safaris.|
|Equipment provided by Aquatic Safaris||If doing the optional checkout dives, two AL80 tanks of EANx. Emergency first aid and oxygen kit access during check out dives. Liberty ship charter.|
|Course cost||$125 per student. +$60 for optional checkout dives at the Liberty ship.|
|Required books & materials||PADI EANx manual or eLearning code.|
|Additional expenses||NONE. Maybe a tip for the boat crew.|
Your Next AdventureDiving with enriched air nitrox benefits all types of diving, but it goes especially well with these specialties:
- PADI Wreck Diver course – Popular wrecks tend to be deeper, so enriched air nitrox maximizes your exploration time.
- PADI Deep Diver course – The deeper you dive, the shorter your no stop time – but enriched air nitrox increases it, giving your more time at depth
- PADI Digital Underwater Photographer – Photographers usually like to make several dives so they can get lots of pictures. Enriched air nitrox reduces the amount of residual nitrogen you accumulate, allowing repetitive dives to be longer.
- PADI Master Scuba Diver The PADI Enriched Air Diver course counts toward your Master Scuba Diver rating — the highest non professional rating in recreational diving.