The Tec 50 course completes your training as an entry-level tec diver, taking you past the limits of recreational diving.
What You’ll Learn
During the Tec 50 course, you
- Make actual decompression dives as deep as 50 metres/165 feet
- Use enriched air nitrox and/or oxygen for decompression
- Use desk top decompression software to create custom dive tables and plan your dives
- Qualify to make technical decompression dives independently
The Scuba Gear You’ll Use
You use technical scuba diving equipment
The Learning Materials You’ll Need
The Tec Deep Diver Crew-Pak, which introduces you to tec diving lingo, emergency procedures, decompression and stage cylinder handling and gas planning. The pak includes a manual, dive planning checklist and dive planning slate. The optional Equipment Set-up and Key Skills video on DVD is a great tool to help you practice at home in between your tec diving adventures.
The Tec Deep Diver Crewpac is included in the course fee.
- Be a PADI Advanced Open Water Diver (or hold a qualifying certification from another organization)
- Be a PADI Rescue Diver (or hold a qualifying certification from another organization)
- Be a PADI Enriched Air Diver (or hold a qualifying certification from another organization)
- DSAT Tec 45 Diver (or hold a qualifying certification from another organization)
- Have a minimum of 100 logged dives, of which
- 20 dives must be enriched air dives
- 25 dives must be deeper than 18 metres/60 feet
- at least 20 dives must be deeper than 30 metres/100 feet
- Be at least 18 years old
- Have a medical statement signed by your physician
Upcoming Tec 50 Classes Full Instruction Schedule here
|Class:||Dates & Times:||Instructor||Cost:||Space
DSAT Tec 50
Call for schedule
|Minimum age||18 years.|
|Equipment provided by student||Student is responsible for providing their own gear. Must have 30cf stage bottle.
If you don’t have or want to buy all the gear, we have two tech packages for rent during the entire class for an additional $200. They consist of double HP100 or HP120 tanks, banks, manifold, TransPlate Harness, Rec Wing, SS Backplate, two AL Titan LX DIN regs with SPG’s.
|Services provided by Aquatic Safaris
||One classroom session, one pool session.
|Course cost||$300 per student.
Your payment secures your class spot.
|Required books & materials||Tec Deep Diver CrewPak – included in Tec 40 course.|
|Additional expenses||Cost of charter to Hyde for dives one and two. Cost of charter for dive over 100′.